|Name of Organisation||
Lutterworth Volunteer Centre
The Volunteer Centre promotes volunteering in the community by a number of means. Our work involves:
· Recruiting people from all walks of life
· Placing them in situations to match their skills and interests
· Training them and supporting them so that they feel comfortable with the work they do.
The Centre staff discuss the interests and objectives of the potential volunteer before recommending an initial placement so that the volunteer gains a sense of satisfaction from the work which they carry out. The Centre encourages and promotes good practice in volunteering.
From its offices, the Centre manages:
· Community Transport Services by the operation of modern minibuses.
· A Social Car Scheme to assist people who have difficulty in travelling independently.
· A befriending scheme to support individuals in the community.
The Centre works in partnership with other voluntary groups and organisations within the local community.
The Volunteer Centre serves the following locations:
Arnesby, Ashby Magna, Ashby Parva, Bittesby, Bitteswell, Broughton Astley, Bruntingthorpe, Upper Bruntingthorpe, Catthorpe, Claybrooke Magna & Parva, Cotesbach, Dunton Bassett, Frolesworth, Gilmorton, Knaptoft, North & South Kilworth, Kimcote, Leire, Lutterworth, Misterton, Peatling Magna & Parva, Shawell, Shearsby, Swinford, Ullesthorpe, Walcote, Walton, Willoughby Waterleys.